…it's done, I told you: YES, it's possible.

A nomadic coffee maker for a nomadic barista!

This French brand is Handpresso! It's true, I've said twice now that it's a French brand. I have to admit that it's an initiative I'm proud of, for good reason: the name of the blog and of our community is still Nomad Barista. The absolute dream of a Nomad Barista and an espresso coffee lover is to be able to prepare an espresso with his sweaty little hands after several days of trekking on the Inca route, admiring the view of Machu Picchu.

Handpresso did. A brand of coffee machine whose particularity is undoubtedly obvious to you now, these are only nomadic machines, ready to travel, accompany you on hikes or to the end of the world in your backpack! Evidenced by a logo of the most evocative.

They have different models that adapt to different environments such as the Handpresso Auto or the Pump and each of these models allows you to make an espresso from standard soft pods or simply from your freshly ground coffee. Filters are included. 🙂 Easy to use and more than light if you compare this system to that of a real espresso machine, the most fussy like me will find the crema well!

Handpresso Pump: your new travel companion

Handpresso was kind enough to send me a coffee machine so that I could share this discovery with you. I will come back to my affinities and my history with the brand at the end of this article. 🙂

Handpresso Pump


So I received a Handpresso Pump machine that I tested a few weeks ago. Nice surprise, Handpresso is not content to send you a superb nomadic coffee maker but takes care of the packaging and makes it a real gift basket: you will find several coffee pods for your first steps, two small Handpresso glasses to take away very elegant and a cloth Handpresso. The machine is very easy to use and requires relatively little effort, despite the fact that you have to pump by hand to reproduce the necessary pressure. To tell the truth, it quickly becomes a game…


For Me , this machine brings a touch of authenticity, the pleasure of making your coffee "by hand". 🙂

You will get a 5cl espresso. The result in cup? I'm not disappointed, for a small on-board machine with so much charm, the result is well worth it. Just imagine making yourself an espresso in the most unusual , craziest places! The real value brought by Handpresso for me is an unprecedented degree of freedom: changing the taste of the coffee by its environment, the context of the tasting.

You are not only looking to discover new coffees but also to change your perception of them.

For a nomadic barista, this freedom is priceless. 🙂

My real story with Handpresso

I already knew this brand and this concept of coffee maker for over a year.

It was during my Asia backpacking tour, in Malaysia. As soon as I arrived in George Town (on the island of Penang), my relationship with coffee blossomed: lots of coffee shops on every street corner, lots of new coffees and new recipes to discover, one of these coffee shops offer a Latte Art workshop, the possibility of passing the first level of the SCA (Specialty Coffee Association) for much less than in France, I discovered the existence of Latte Art 3D, in short, paradise.


I remember very well during an evening with my partner in a hostel room, I was wandering on the internet looking for… well, I don't really know anymore. But that evening, I discovered the existence of Handpresso! Company a little crazy, I think of a way to be able to receive one of their machine to keep it on the trip with me. Because yes, during this stay in George Town under the sign of coffee, this brand was a revelation for me!


Make your own espresso while traveling, anywhere, anytime, independently. A nomadic coffee maker for a nomadic traveler.


nomadic coffee maker
Anywhere, anytime 😉

I think for a while to stay longer in my hostel just to be able to receive the machine. Because yes, I needed an address! An address where I stay long enough, and even a trusted address… I weigh the pros and cons, I end up finding myself ridiculous, potentially waiting several weeks in the same place for a coffee machine when my time in Malaysia is limited . I give up.


What I didn't know was that a year and a half later I was going to open a blog about coffee. What I suspected even less was that Handpresso was going to contact me to offer to send me the same machine I was coveting then: the Handpresso Pump nomadic coffee maker.


The circle is complete. 🙂


Handpresso official website


The nomadic coffee maker that I tested:  Handpresso Pump